The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Therefore, we treat your data solely on the ground of applicable legal provisions, and in particular in accordance with the EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the European Council of 27 April 2016 (GPDR) and its implementing law in Portugal.
When we mention your personal data, we refer to any information about you, such as your first and last name, address, email address, payment details (e.g. cash or card payments), product details or services you purchased from our store, as well as, if applicable, sensitive data (e.g. age or gender).
At ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. we highly value your trust and attach great importance to your privacy and its protection, so we will treat the personal data you transmit to us, strictly complying with all applicable legal requirements.
We therefore encourage you to review this information so that you can understand how we collect, use and share your personal data.
who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
Information and/or personal data collected by completing forms (such as name, email, telephone and address) will be processed by computer and processed by the following entity as the controller:
Edifício Olympus I
Av. Afonso Henriques, 1462
Data we collect
ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. collects, stores and uses your personal data as long as it is necessary to fulfil any of your requests, in particular purchase of products and / or services, as well as maintain your account and optimize your searches regarding your preferences for the products and services we offer.
Failure to provide the data deemed necessary by ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. will make us unable to fulfil your requests or to sell products to you.
What legal basis do we use your data for?
We will use your personal data whenever:
- you give us consent to the treatment activity, considering the purposes you have been informed by us. When this is the case, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent;
- it is necessary for the fulfilment and compliance of your contract for the purchase of goods, services or of other applicable contract entered into with us or for taking prior action in relation to the execution of any such contract;
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, to fulfil tax or legal obligations);
- exceptionally, it is necessary because of vital interests related to you or to another person (e.g. to avoid serious risk of harm to yourself or others); or
- exceptionally, it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party), provided that those legitimate interests of ours are not overtaken by the prevalence of your interests or rights that require the protection of your data.
We will use special categories of personal data whenever:
- you provide us with your explicit consent. When this is the case, you will always have the right to withdraw your consent;
- we need to do so to fulfil our legal obligations (for example, in the context of labour law, social security and social protection);
- it is necessary for the declaration, exercise or defence of a right in court proceedings;
- it is necessary in the context of preventive or occupational medicine for the purpose of assessing your ability to work, for medical diagnosis or for health care (e.g. in relation to referrals and reports concerning health at work);
- it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, such as equal opportunities monitoring;
- exceptionally, it is necessary because of vital interests related to you or another person (e.g. to avoid serious risk of harm to yourself or others) and you are unable to give your consent; or
- the relevant personal data has already been made public by you.
In this context we need to specify a little more about the concept of “legitimate interests”.
As mentioned, we may sometimes use your personal data if necessary, for reasons related to our legitimate interests (or those of a third party). This includes cases where your personal data is required:
- to ensure effective administration and management of your contract, benefits, business and business continuity;
- to ensure that our assets are protected, kept confidential and not used for improper or illegitimate purposes;
- to prevent, detect or investigate unauthorized use of our systems and ensure that we comply with the law and with our policies;
- to ensure that we can contact you in case of emergency;
- to maintain product development and refinement, in parallel with effective marketing through analysis and profiling of business information;
- to deal with disputes and accidents and obtain legal or other professional advice;
- to comply with the laws and regulations of another country;
- to prevent fraud and financial crimes; and
- to ensure network and information security.
If you would like additional information on how our legitimate interests apply to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Retention of your data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary, in connection with our contract with you, to provide you with the requested services or for other necessary purposes, such as compliance with the law, regulation or other legal authority.
Due to our various record retention obligations, retention periods may differ.
We will apply the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- how long will the data be required to provide our services and to conduct our business;
- whether there are contractual or legal obligations that require us to retain data for a given period;
- whether an individual has agreed to a longer retention period;
- whether the data are considered sensitive, in which case a shorter retention period will generally apply; and
- the expectation of retention at the time the data were provided to us.
Where your data may be shared
ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. holds its employees, vendors (sellers) and suppliers responsible for maintaining the trust that the customer places in us with his/her personal data.
ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. is the entity responsible for the collection, use, storage and disposal, if applicable, of your data.
However, in the context of the processing of personal data of customers (individuals) who use our site to purchase products marketed by Sellers, ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. and the Sellers shall act as Joint Responsible, and shall determine between each other the purposes and means of such treatment, as well as define, among themselves, and in a transparent manner, their respective responsibilities for compliance with the applicable legislation, namely with regard to the exercise of rights by personal data holders.
You can provide information about yourself by creating a personal account on our site, making a purchase, filling out online forms, choosing to receive our newsletters and/or special offers, interacting with social networking functions, or contacting us (by email, chat or phone). This information may include your name, address, location, phone number, email, date of birth, gender, purchase data, and financial information (including credit and debit card details), among others.
Creating an account on the site is a condition to make a purchase having the advantage that whenever you use our site your profile of purchases and views, as well as your wish list, are always up to date. You can optionally make purchases as a guest, in which case your preferences will not be recorded.
Through your account, you can invite your friends to make purchases on our site (via email, Facebook). Through our communication with your friends, they will be informed that we receive their data through your contact, always having the possibility to withdraw this consent.
We may receive your contact information from other sites, such as our partner stores, social networks (e.g. Facebook), ad agencies and analytics partners, financial and delivery service providers, and more. By signing into our site with Facebook or your Gmail email address, or linking your account on our site to your Facebook or Gmail accounts, you are giving us permission to access certain information and content from those social networks or Google Gmail profile. The specific types of this information we may obtain will depend on your settings for the account or site in question and will be subject to their privacy policies.
If necessary, ECOMMERCE-LOVE, LDA. may use Subcontractors, as such, individuals or companies who process personal data on our behalf, to which users of the site give, from now on, their express consent.
Similarly, ECOMMERCE-LOVE, LDA. maintains a business relationship with support service providers who will occasionally need access to your personal data. We refer, for example, to companies providing technological or computer services. When you provide us with your personal data, you authorize us to process and share your information with those providers. In this context, we want to make it clear that in the agreements with these suppliers we will establish, among others, the obligation to apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to process the data they access only in compliance with our orders and instructions and to delete or return them as soon as their services are terminated.
For the safety of all parties involved, we need to ensure the authenticity of our customers (individuals). We may use your personal information (name, address, financial information – credit and debit cards) to verify your identity and credit and anti-fraud checks. We may involve third parties in this process, fraud prevention agencies and banking entities and/or payment institutions.
Your rights and options
There are rights with respect to your personal data. Such rights and the ways in which you can exercise them are described in more detail below:
- Access and Information: You have the right to request access to your personal data. You have the right to ask us if we are processing your personal data and if so, you may request access to it. This allows you to receive a copy of the personal data we have about you and certain other information about you.
- Rectification: you have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in your personal data. In response to your request, we will update any incomplete or inaccurate data we have about you to ensure that it is accurate and correct.
- Deletion or Forgetfulness: you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances and subject to our obligations to keep and retain your data under applicable law or under requirements in connection with a judicial action.
- Limitation and Opposition: you have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of certain personal data, as well as the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, e.g. the processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Portability or Transfer: you may request to receive the data you have provided to us in a portable automatic reading format or to transfer certain personal data to another party.
- Automated decisions: you can challenge any automated decision made about you and request that it be reconsidered.
- Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with a Data Protection Authority of the Member State where you are habitually resident, where you are based or where an alleged non-conformity has taken place in relation to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. complies with applicable data protection laws and will comply with requests for the exercise of rights of individuals under such laws.
Since the processing of your data is necessary for the performance of the services that ECOMLOVE-DMC, LDA. provides to you, any request by the user to exercise certain rights may cause the company to stop being able to continue to provide its services. Subject to applicable law, the company may also limit or refuse requests or charge reasonable charges.
Guarantee of information security
Preserving your security and your personal information is very important to us. We take security measures to maintain the confidentiality of personal information, including:
- we use the Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) protocol to encrypt the personal data you send us during the purchase process (including any financial information such as credit and debit card details);
- the access to your account on our site requires the use of a secure password;
- we do not store details of your credit or debit cards that could allow transactions by third parties using your debit or credit card details (such as CVV number);
- we perform regular monitoring of the servers where our site is hosted to avoid potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, despite these measures, the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data sent to or through our site, so user data transmission risks are on your side. In particular, please be aware of personal information voluntarily disclosed in unprotected environments (such as online forums, shopping lists, or chat environments) that may be collected and used by others outside your control.